Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's been awhile...

It's been awhile since I've posted. This is partly because of life, but mostly because of...ok, well, I haven't had much to say.

We spent New Year's Day with friends and family at J's buddy Dave's house.


From Left: Alara, me, cousin Jacinda, Teresa (Alara's mom/Dave's wife/my friend)

Tessa wasn't with us though, because she was off with Aunt Gina for a few days at the end of her winter break. AG was the sickest she's been in years, but took her anyway....it's probably a good thing I didn't realize how sick she was or I would have kept Tessa home. But they had a lot of fun. Tessa played with AG's friend Carol's grandchildren. They played Mary Poppins a lot. They also went and did some amazing stuff and just generally had a fantastic time together, as always. (I have pictures but apparently not on my computer, hunh.)

Tessa turned 7 on the 8th and had a nice birthday. Many of her friends and ours came and celebrated, and with the Palmers, the Crippens, some of the Davis's (Uncle Mike and Aunt Jacinda), Amber, and my parents, we had a full house. It was very fun.



Other than that, just working and recovering from the holidays. It's been extremely cold here, so Tess didn't have school two days last week, and with MLK day that gave her a total of 5 days off in a row. I was DEFINATELY ready for her to go back to school.
I had my working interview at Blackman yesterday, and the ball is definately in their court now. I put forth my best and I feel very good about how it went, so if they choose not to make me an offer it's ok with me--it's not going to be because of anything I did or did not do, but rather because they don't feel I would fit in their team, and I'd rather be told "no" because of personality or work differences than be hired because of skills and suffer from cattiness or resentment later. I'm flexible about a lot of things and I hope that showed. There seemed to be several very positive moments from the tech but other than that she was hard to read. I do hope I get it....it's a very nice clinic and I liked the people there, and liked the professionalism and cleanliness and so on...but we'll see, and I'll be ok if I don't.






1 comment:

KR said...

Glad to see you blogging again!! :) I check it regularly! :)

Loved the pictures & I'm praying that you'll get a call back soon about the job! :) HUGS!!!

Kristin