Thursday, February 3, 2011

Does it Matter?

I find that I live in my head a lot. I realize a lot of people do, but I really *really* wish I shouldn't. And while Living in my Head sounds selfish, let me explain what I mean by it--I mean, I don't say a lot of what I think, and I think a lot, about other people.

I have this love/hate relationship with Facebook. I love that I can see what other people are doing, what they're saying, what's on their minds. But I hate that it matters *so* much when the people I'm closest to, or at least I think that I'm close to, don't seem to be close to me. And that *is* selfish. Because really, does it matter? It shouldn't. If someone doesn't see fit to tell me what's going on in their lives, that's their problem, not mine.

This is especially difficult when it's a family member. One would think that family would keep you in the loop, but most of mine rarely do. And that's really all right!! God knows I keep hardly any of them in the loop of what is going on with me. (Here's a hint--if you think you know--you probably don't. And if you do know, you're probably not related to me by blood or marriage.) Talk about a double standard.

So what do I do when the "being left out" begins to matter to me? I hide. So that is what I think I'll do with Facebook, yet again. Going offline more often (checking only once or twice a day) forces me to live regular life better. So here I go again, semi-off the grid. If you need me, call me, or email me, or post to the blog.

***
What am I knitting? I've actually moved on from the baby hats.

To a baby sweater.

I can stop whenever I want.

No comments: