Today I'm in a state of wild anticipation--for tomorrow, OH, TOMORROW, is Wine & Wool day!! It's the most, wonderful time, of the year....ok, maybe not quite, but for mid-Michigan fiber types it is.
Last year I scored some gorgeous purple/gray alpaca that is almost too pretty to spin. There were other things too....I'm working on a shawl (if you call beginning it, knitting for a long while, seeing that the concept you're aiming for can in fact be done, and promptly tossing it on the "projects" basket "WORKING") made from a merino/tencel brand I bought as well. I spun it up single ply, because me and plying aren't really great friends, and it's knitting into a beautiful self-striping yarn:

It's further along than this now, but I seem to have lost the yen to photograph projects. Perhaps because the only ones I've "finished" lately are gifts for friends or family...some of whom read this blog. And while I SUCK at surprises, I'd like to keep one or two that way, at least until they're gifted.
So anyway...tomorrow. Specifics, if you're interested: Sandhill Crane Winery on Walz Rd. (google it, I'm lazy), 11-5. "Overflow" parking is at East Jackson Middle School (there will be a shuttle), and wine tasting is free. Lots of great vendors, local to the tri-state area. Come take a look.
1 comment:
SO so beautiful :) I can't wait to see it all knitted up!
Post a Comment