Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow Day!

Today is a snow day! I woke up to a phone call from my boss-lady telling me that work was, well, cancelled for the day. Which is fine by me because I hate going out in the cold plus I still am not feeling so great from yesterday. After a few hours, the world looked like this:


Snow Day


So we were pretty happy to stay inside.


Tessa loves snow days. We get to stay in jammies, watch movies and do a little light cleaning. So far we've only made it to the first two. :-)


Eating a bagel, yum


I like to knit on snow days of course....no different from any other day except I don't have work to mess with my knitting time (just housework and meals). Today I'm working on these:


Cashmere Blend House Socks


Aren't they great? The purple is a super-soft merino/silk/cashmere blend and the white is wool. I think they're going to be fantastic house socks, as long as I don't walk in them--for wearing while watching TV, sleeping, etc. I have to sleep in socks or I simply cannot sleep. I'm looking forward to being finished with them, hopefully later today so I can sleep in them tonight.


(For those interested, the purple yarn is Kathmandu from Queensland Collection and the white is a discontinuned member of the Joann's Sensations line. I am knitting them on 4.25mm needles, which is approx. size 6 U.S., and CO 48 sts in the regular Yarn Harlot Basic Sock Recipe found in Knitting Rules).


Even the critters like to get in on snow days. Behold, Annie and Jack:


Annie on Snow DayHow we spend snow days


The other night, Tessa had her school program. It was cute. She had fun. That's about all that can be said for most school programs. It was held in a local church because the school gymnasium is too small. Tessa looked really cute.


Christmas ProgramSitting on Daddy's lap


I have a few close-up shots of her as well, but a) my camera sucks at closeups, so they're blurry and b) you can actually distinguish which kid is which in them, and since I don't have every parents' permission to post photos, I'm not going to.


So the snow is coming down harder now and it's 1 p.m. and I've got to get rockin' if I'm going to finish socks. I leave you with one last snuggly Jack picture. Because I think he's really cute. :-)
Jack the Cuddler

No comments: