Short blog this morning, I have to get ready for work. :-)
Yesterday was our monthly SNB meeting. I'm part of a fantastic group of ladies who meet at the Carnegie Branch on the last Monday of the month (1-3 if you feel like coming, all welcome) to sit and knit and chat and so on. We're from all kinds of different walks of life and we have fun meeting together. We've been trying to beef our numbers a bit but although there's been inqueries few have come forth to join us.
Somehow (I think Rosemary's doing, she's the unofficial "in charge" person) we got noticed by the local paper and a photographer was there yesterday to take pictures and talk to our group. I'm sure it won't amount to much more than a caption and a pic in the paper, but I'll be looking for it this week--if you get the JCP, you can look for it too!
Currently I'm working on a simple wool lap afghan. I have several nice acrylic ones, but as any knitter knows, There's Just Something About Wool. I've finished 4 squares, 3 of which I've blocked and have pictures of:
From right: stockinette and moss squares, garter rib, and an improvised color/texture pattern which includes a pawprint and Jack's name. All three designs out of my head. Other colors I'm working with are green, white, navy, light gray, pumpkin, and dark gray. I'm lacking one color to pull the squares together (using the dark gray for crocheting the edges) but there's a nice eggplant purple that I think would work with the others well, and since purple is my favorite color I'm surprised I didn't get it when I got the rest of these. Anyway, at the end I'll crochet them all together and that will be that.
That's all the time for today!
2 comments:
Everything looks great!!! :) I need to get knitting again soon. Its been too long since I made something for me to use for myself. My birthday is coming up soon, and I think I might just have to make something special to wear on my birthday. :)
Kristin
i would love to learn to knit.
Post a Comment