Sunday, March 1, 2009

Tired and Cranky, but happy anyway


These last couple of weeks have been tiring for me. I have been working in multiple departments at work, including working the phones for the Jackson County Data Network--an entity seperate from the library but still kind of part of. The end result is, in my little 20-hour-a-week job, I've put in 71 hours in the last two weeks.

Why? So we can pay bills. The phone bill, car payment, utility bill, water bill, and garbage bill is all we've truly been able to "keep up" on, and some of those are overdue. So, I busted my hump to get as many of these paid this pay period as we can. I'm exhausted but really proud, knowing I've done everything that I can to help our family.

J has been fantastic about it all. He gets Tessa around for school, keeps the housework at bay, helps figure out what meals to make and plan, even made a roast this week. He feeds the cats and takes care of the dog. He picks the munchkin up from school and helps her with homework, and keeps me from wanting to bang my head off the wall, all while job hunting in an impossible economy and trying to pull together our finances. I'm really proud of him.

Also got some great news this week. I am going to be the Saturday/relief LVT for Blackman Animal Clinic. I am SO STOKED! I start training at the end of March/beginning of April, and then I'll be putting in hours here and there at the clinic. Their regular techs are so awesome, I really liked Jenn when I was being interviewed and I know we'll get along well, and Becky was one of my trainers in college and also one of my references, so I KNOW I do well with her. All this while being able to stay at the library--I'll be keeping up my skills and putting my degree to use without having to leave the job that I love. I think it's fantastic.

Today it sounded like spring when I let Jack outside. The birds were just a cacophany of sound. If it were warmer than 18 degrees F, I'd be out there in a heartbeat. I may still take Jack for a walk if it warms up later---anything above 30 is good by me, but less than that and my face gets uncomfortably cold.

Yay spring--just about 3 weeks away!

No comments: