Saturday, July 4, 2009

Failed

I failed miserably at photoblogging. Sorry, folks. It just doesn't seem to be my forte, following along with a daily ritual outside of the essential, "must be dones."

I'm sure my 9 readers are tired of the subject, but in looking at the most recent unemployment statistics, Jackson's had a 68% increase in unemployment from May 2008 to May 2009. Fan-damn-tastic.

Have had a nice independence day. We had a picnic lunch in the park with some friends, and Tessa came home the grub-monster. She's having a quick bath before we head off to my grandparents' house. I made my diabetic grandpa some sugar-free dessert--it's good for the rest of us too. We were going to go to fireworks but I just found out Brooklyn held theirs last night. Oh, well, it's cold out today anyway. ETA: we got to see Brooklyn's fireworks after all, it was Lake Columbia Grandma had heard going off. They were pretty.

I had a really bad 90 day review at the vet clinic. Nothing against me personally, just a lack of skill that hasn't come up as quickly as any of us thought it would. I've got another 30 days there, then we'll reassess and decide whether I should stay on. Part of me doesn't want to, but I feel as though I must--that's what my degree is in and that is what is helping pay the bills right now, if I don't give it everything I've got then I've really failed. I think that if I left now it would be less stressful for me but that I'd always hate myself a little for not putting it all out there and giving it everything I got. I figure if I still suck in 30 days and they let me go, at least it wouldn't be because I left. Again, going with what people expect of me. So much for being a risk-taker.

No comments: