Monday, July 6, 2009

Resigned.

I turned this letter, along with my scrubs, into the clinic today.

****

Dear [various personnel],

After much internal debate, it is with regret that I tender my resignation from the position of Licensed Veterinary Technician at X Clinic, effective as soon as you deem reasonable. I have enjoyed working for XC and have no ill will in my departure. I thank you so much for the opportunities offered at the practice over the last three months, and I hope that we are able to work together sometime in the future.

Sincerely...

****

I thought I would feel horrible and guilty, but honestly, all I feel is peace. It's what I needed to do emotionally. It's what I should have done months ago. I've been thinking and praying for days, and it's what I think God wanted me to do. Otherwise, I don't think I'd feel this much peace about it.

I have my reasons, many of them, and some people have heard them. But in the end it's where I need to be right now, for myself and for my family.

ETA: I loved the clinic, I loved the people and clients, I loved everything about that. I just wasn't a good fit for what they needed. I want to clarify that--it's important for those who knew which clinic I was at to know that they are still amazing in my book, and there is really no ill will on either of our parts. They're great. My resignation was personal, not because of them.

2 comments:

Jenniferbuehrer said...

i'm so proud of you!

Unknown said...

Congratulations.

I'm glad you'll be able to de-stress now.

(and no, no jobs down here yet :( )