I know, I know, I haven't published a post since May. What can I say, I'm a slacker. But now the fall is here, and inside hibernation is beginning, and since it's raining and I've already had my walk today....
The last few months, encapsulated: SUCKED. If you know me, you know I've been in poor health; without going into too much gory detail, my guts are poorly arranged, and so I'm in pain from food, and there's nothing to be done about it. So. If you see me and say "oh my, you've lost weight!"....don't think it's a miracle diet. I dropped 30 lbs this summer (which I desperately needed to do) but it was from illness, not choice; and keeping it gone (and losing more) is much of the same. Eating hurts, and in the words of the doctor whose patient said "Doc, it hurts when I do THIS!"....I "don't do that." I eat, I eat enough, I eat what I want; I just don't want much, and if I can get it in soft or liquid form, bonus. (Yay for soup season.)
Ok. Enough about that. I AM CRAZY PROUD OF MY HUSBAND!!!!!! He, with many of his writer colleagues, was recently published in the horror anthology "Open Wounds" (available here)and to kick it off was part of a very successful book signing and open mic event. I AM CRAZY PROUD OF HIM, did I mention that? He's also (along with the Lost Word Writer's Group) co-editing the "Potter's Field" anthology (publication TBA) and the group's next project, a horror anthology, is in the planning stages. In addition he is working on personal projects, though "none that I want blogged about."
Tessa has started her "3rd grade" year at DaVinci....still "Level 2" but in a different classroom then before (DaVinci levels don't really equate to traditional grades, but most of her work is at 3rd grade level and above). She is doing well, though reminding her to TAKE HER TIME on projects is a constant battle--we try to tell her that knowing the answers is no good if no one can read them or she doesn't write them down entirely. Most of her errors are of the "just want to get it done" speed through variety.
That's about it from here. Sorry no pics, my camera battery isn't holding a charge & needs replaced, and the funds haven't really been there to do so! I really should take care of that soon--what good is it having a great camera if you can't use it?
4 comments:
I love reading your blogs!!!
This is proof you have talent as a writer because readers, ie me, enjoy your style, word choices and content. In other words readers like your writing!!!
<3
You could just draw us a picture Mandy. A colorful illustration would greatly enhance your colorful descriptions of your colorful life.
LoL...what do you want pictures of Kyle...my guts? :-)
I like reading your blogs. You write the way you talk: friendly, open, candid. Very refreshing.
Post a Comment