Friday, March 18, 2011

Springing....

Chevron & Lace is coming along nicely, I have one complete sock and most of another so of course I've sprung onto something else because I got a case of the shineys.

First, I came back into possession of some of my own homespun yarn and realized that the chances of selling it in the new & improved armory gift shop that's coming down the line are slim to nil, unless some other knitter sees it. So, I turned it into a pretty little spring scarf.

Artsy Scarf-3

Artsy Scarf-1

Isn't it lovely? I was thinking of selling it when the gift shop is running again. What do you think?

I also started a little multi-colored laceweight spring shrug. I'm hoping it doesn't take too long. Again, the pattern is more or less from my head, borrowing heavily from the yoke directions of a sweater I've done before. Which begs the age-old question, if you change the gauge, weight, style of finished product, and stitch pattern....at what point does it become a new pattern? Pretty much all I'm using is the method of increases and stitch counts. Hmmm.....thoughts, knitterly friends?

1 comment:

Audrey said...

How lovely! I mean the scarf and the model.