I'm happy Obama won--wasn't so much an Obama supporter as an anti-McCain voter. I'm glad that prop. 1 in MI passed (medicinal mary jane) because I have a loved one with AIDS and this will help him immensely. I'm really kind of upset prop 2 passed (stem cell research) because while I agree with the "intent" of the law I think it was poorly worded and put together, and I wish it had been more specific and explicit in what can and cannot be used--i.e., products of "natural" conception vs. those put together in a lab. I also wanted to know where the funding for this reseach would be coming from.
But most of all, I'm SO HAPPY to have a job in January. Yay, Library Millage!!! I wasn't really in "danger" if branches closed, as I'm dead center on the seniority list--18 ahead and behind--but I was concerned that I'd have to drive out to Brooklyn or some such, and with J not working that would be nigh on to impossible.
So, yeah, I'm overall pretty happy this morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment