Mostly this week, I worked. It was long but not as long as next week is going to be--when I work every single day including tomorrow (Sunday), most days a split shift of some sort. It'll be tiring but nearly 40 hours so I'm not going to complain....much.
Wednesday Amber got her tattoo finished. Shameless plug: Art completely by my husband's cousin, Mike Davis of Underground Ink. Same man who, of course, does all my family's ink (including my sister Missy).
We also went to "family fun night" which Tessa was completely bored with until her 'boyfriend' Aiden showed up. He's really cute, I think I know his mom from the library.
Yesterday we had a birthday party for my dear friend Vicki's daughter Noel. Noel turned 12. She's such an adorable, funny girl who wants to knit and is doing a pretty good job learning. At least, I'm pretty proud of her. And she's got enough of a quirky streak that she really loved part of her present--a nosewarmer. Here's Jack (ownership of whom we still share with Noel's family) checking it out:
Noel's in the middle in the red shirt. Just trust me when I say she's adorable.
Ok, job interview. I actually didn't want this job. The night before I kind of was freaking out. Getting the job would mean 60 hours a week away from my family--40 at the job plus 20 at the library, which I am not planning on leaving. So I was dithering, freaking out, whatever you want to call it. Finally I'd decided to go to the interview. I turned it over to God, having faith that He would show me the best course.
And He did, as always--why do I ever worry?? I need to let that go more. In the course of the interview, the office manager revealed that there was one other person they really liked for the job and that she only wanted part time, which left them in the position of hiring another part time tech. For afternoons. Yes, seriously.
Anyway, it sounds like I'll be a good fit there, so if I get past the practice owners and get an official invite to the working interview and if THAT goes well, I expect I'll have a job offer by mid-January. And so then I'll be able to work in the job I love AND in the job I was trained for. Which sounds--simply--amazing to me. But I'm not there yet, and I'm still trusting that God will show me what is best.
Oh, and the tech job I interviewed for at the race track this summer, the one I didn't get and was kind of bummed about? Yeah. The racetrack is closed, officially. So I would have been SOL if I'd gotten that.
Thanks, Lord.
P.S. Here's a random cute Jack picture. I really like my dog. (Those are my legs under the blanket, he's always trying to crawl onto my lap but he's not allowed on the couch.)
2 comments:
I loved reading all of it. About the job, that was exactly, I mean exactly, what I was praying for! God is so totally great. Now if I could just figured out what I was supposed to do. I guess I'll just have to trust Him to take care of me too! lol! Easier to put others in His hands, isn't it.
I loved reading it too! :) I'm so happy about the job :) The "ink" is awesome too - I'm debating about my next tattoo right now. Hmmm :)
hugs!
Kristin
Post a Comment