
My cutie patootie got glasses yesterday! When we went for our appointment last Sunday I expected to hear that she would need them at least for reading, but by the time she got to the 4th line & the optomitrist looked at me and asked, "She does know her letters, right?" I knew she'd need them full time.
She's nearsighted, just like me. Poor girl. But she's excited--I don't think she realizes what a lifetime sentence it is, she's just happy to be "like mom & dad" finally. I just can't believe how quickly the inevitable sneaked up on us.
I let her pick her own frames, just told her they had to be plastic, and she wanted "blue" of course. So she found the bluest ones she could. I think she's utterly adorable, but I am a bit biased.
I'm just glad that the time of the huge-bug-eye frames that I came up with is past. (No, I will not post pictures. If you were there, you remember; if not, I want you to think of how I look NOW, not then. Please not then.)
Oh, and I was fitted for a new pair too. It's so nice to be able to see all the little things, like the bobbles in the afghan my friend Meg made for a wedding present. I just wish that with that didn't come the sight of all the cat hair that Annie has shed on it.
Off to do laundry....
No comments:
Post a Comment