In knitting, we have these things called "UFOs," or UnFinished Objects. I've lost my kntting mojo(1) lately, which has lead to startitis(2), which has resulted in a plethora of UFOs. So when you ask "what are you knitting" and I answer "I don't know," this is why:
This pair of socks was all my passion early in the summer. They are to be a christmas gift. I have one totally done, the other done to about the point you see in the picture. I think I saw the bag with them somewhere around yesterday, but I'm not sure where I put it. It should only take a couple of days before finishing.
I have this sweater-in-progress SOMEWHERE I don't know where I put it. It's for Tessa's back-to-school, and I'm about a third of the way done--the yoke is complete, right now I'm doing the body, then just the sleeves & sewing on the buttons & I'm done. It should take me about a week, if I get cranking. If I can find it.
I've owed my friend Shawna these socks since Christmas. I have 1 & 1/3 done. Maybe, 4 days? and I'd be done.
Five of these blanket squares are done. I'm planning on 9 or 12, depending on how 9 look. Probably 9 is all I'll need, so I'm more than halfway. Not sure how much longer this would take, but I do know I'm making it way more complicated than it needs to be.
CJ's sweater needs to be done in time for Christmas. It needs both sleeves & buttons. Three, maybe four evenings would do it.
The intended recipiant of this hat will really love it, as well as the matching scarf, if I can crank it out in time for Christmas. The scarf is done, thankfully. Another 2 or 3 evenings & the hat will be too...
I could finish these socks this weekend if I really wanted to. There isn't much to go. It's a plain vanilla top down pattern. In my defense, I did put it back on the needles last night, finished the heel flap, turned the heel & started the gusset. So they are out of "hibernation" at least & will make someone a good Christmas present--don't know who yet.
I need to piss or get off the pot with this kilt hose. It will take awhile but I'm borrowing the pattern from my LYS(3) owner, and I'm sure she'd like it back soon. I started it because I was reading the Outlander books, but then lost interest with them, and with these.
This sock-weight blanket will take a lifetime, and that's fine. But I should work on it more than I do.
Don't ask. There are 3 yarns involved here that are hopelessly tangled in a box with unmatched socks. It's a sad state of affairs.
This is a sweater I want to make for myself. I've actually worked on it a little the last couple days. What you see are the heavily modified sleeves. I loved the celtic knot design in the original sweater, but wanted to finish sometime this year.
I started this sock to attempt to get my knitting mojo back. I hadn't knitted in so long that I felt like I needed something new (HA!).
And then there are the projects of which we will not speak.
So yeah, what am I knitting? I don't know. That's my story & I'm sticking to it.
(1) knitting mojo: the desire to knit, or knit something in particular, or at least voraciously knit to the point of finishing a project.
(2) startitis: a)the desire to knit so much that you start a hundred different types of projects; (b)starting different projects for different moods and never finishing them, resulting in a variety of projects on the go; (c)the inability to start a new project after finishing the old one. If anyone ever gets this form, will you please come sneeze on me? Thanks.
(3) LYS: Local Yarn Shop, in my case, the Dropped Stitch.
No comments:
Post a Comment