Sunday, August 7, 2011

Book Review: Matched by Ally Condie



"I'm not so sure whether I like this or not. On the one hand, I "devoured" it quickly--read it in a day and a little, election day. And it was good. I guess.

It takes awhile to get going. I'm not sure how but I think the author could have described the "world" in a better, more approachable way. It's almost as though she took sketchy notes from a journal and only fleshed out the bits she felt like it.

Also, I never really "got" the whole "sorting" thing. I mean, ok, I kind of understand it, but what "job" would it be used for in adult life? What's the correlation to the "past" in this world? Meh.

But, over all, it's an ok story. I'll probably read the rest to find out what happens, just because I like the character of Ky. Still, the whole thing kind of felt like the author just jumped on the "Hunger Games" bandwagon."



No comments: