The Second Coming of Lucy Hatch by Marsha Moyer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I love this book. Ok, it's a bit racy and steamy for my taste, generally. But Lucy is such a real, accessible character to me. The writer truly transports me to Mooney, TX and makes me want to know more. A fantastic beginning.
View all my reviews
The Last of the Honky-Tonk Angels by Marsha Moyer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
My favorite of the series--#2 of the Lucy Hatch books. Lucy is still tentatively moving forward in life, but her space is shared now by Denny, her 15 year old stepdaughter. I like continuing Lucy's story & narritive, but I especially enjoy Denny's young, fresh perspective.
Pluses: Denny's narrative, curiousity, new perspective on her father & soon-to-be stepmom, getting to know a bit more of Ash's heritage and going more in-depth with already loved characters.
Minuses: Slap-dash plot, trying to hold together too many lines at once and failing on some of the deeper levels (less race relations, more music & personal histories would have been my preference).
My favorite.
View all my reviews
Heartbreak Town: A Novel by Marsha Moyer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Honestly, not the greatest. Yes, it's another page in the story. Yes, it's interesting to see what has happened to them all this time later. But the timeline gets sketchy at times; they make it seem as though years have passed, but then maybe just weeks; and it's not clear how the time is passing even within the story. It took a long time to "get going" past the day-to-day as well, and while that's interesting, it was hard to maintain that interest. Not that great but definitely a good step; I wouldn't want to read the series without it, but at the same time I probably would have handled the info differently.
View all my reviews
Return of the Stardust Cowgirl: A Lucy Hatch Novel by Marsha Moyer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
A lovely conclusion. Room for more to be told, but really, I'm ok with leaving the Hatches/Farrells here. They are in a good place.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment