Tessa and I went up north this last week, to go camping with my Aunt Gina. I got to show the sock I was working on Northern Michigan. It was enthused.
We camped for 3 nights at Aloha State Park in Aloha Twp, MI. I built pretty good fires--evidently certain skills just remain dormant, til they're needed.
We also took Tessa to Mackinaw City, and she got to cross the bridge for the very first time.
My aunt & uncle have a cabin nearby, and welcomed us into their summer home. It was so nice. They also know the foremost expert on the yellow swallowtail butterfly, so Tessa got to meet a real, live entomologist, which made her crazy happy.
We watched a lot of sunsets, and it was so beautiful. Even Paddle enjoyed himself, I think.
We celebrated my Aunt Marcia & Uncle Denny's 43rd anniversary with an unbelievably delicious dinner.
I'm so thankful Aunt Gina gave us this wonderful opportunity and fantastic memory. She really is the best of the best.
And Tessa was pretty ready to go when it was time to leave--we really tired her out.
P.S.--I didn't get photos, but I did get some nice vacation yarn, thanks to both my aunts. :-) I also finished a really gorgeous shawl.
My aunt & uncle have a cabin nearby, and welcomed us into their summer home. It was so nice. They also know the foremost expert on the yellow swallowtail butterfly, so Tessa got to meet a real, live entomologist, which made her crazy happy.
We watched a lot of sunsets, and it was so beautiful. Even Paddle enjoyed himself, I think.
We celebrated my Aunt Marcia & Uncle Denny's 43rd anniversary with an unbelievably delicious dinner.
I'm so thankful Aunt Gina gave us this wonderful opportunity and fantastic memory. She really is the best of the best.
And Tessa was pretty ready to go when it was time to leave--we really tired her out.
P.S.--I didn't get photos, but I did get some nice vacation yarn, thanks to both my aunts. :-) I also finished a really gorgeous shawl.


No comments:
Post a Comment