Sunday, November 30, 2008

Decorating for the Season

So, we decided today would be the day to put up the Christmas decorations. It's the Sunday after Thanksgiving, and it was snowing outside:

Tessa was really eager to start!




J, not so much, but he helped anyway (and smiled while doing it):

There were a few mishaps, of course. Tangled fairy lights and tinsel:




And always we have at least one broken glass ball (this year it was two!)

Tessa enjoyed putting up the nativity:




Poor Jack was completely confused by the whole process:




but, he's just a dog, so it's hard to explain things to him. Finally we were done! The stockings were hung (we don't have a chimney, so it's "on the piano with care" in our personal poem):



There are a few decorations to lead one into the family room:








We even hung some outside, including our "outside light sculpture" that sits on a table on the porch:









I think, in the end, that the tree looks great!!







My favorite ornaments are these two from my BFF Nikki, one is a knitting mouse that says "Friends-Forever" (she has the opposite one, they're like a best friends necklace) which, ironically, she bought in 2000, BEFORE either of us knit on any kind of regular basis! I also like the one she got for Tessa last year, it's a cat that looks like Clee with Tessa's name inscribed on it.

And both J and Tessa were pleased to be done:


Let the Christmas Season begin!

2 comments:

KR said...

What a beautiful family and what beautiful memories. :) Thank you for sharing them with us via your blog Mandy. :) Its so great to get a peek into your lives. ((((HUGS))))!! Kristin :)

Autumn said...

Okay, I commented on the wrong blog! This is the one I looked at before I wrote about "creative ways to avoid showing his face."

;) Having that sort of month!

Love the pics and I stand by my words. You live a good life. Thanks for letting me be a small part of it!